Pediatric Physical Therapy
What is Pediatric Physical Therapy?
From birth, children are eager to play, explore and learn. They learn to explore and interact with their surroundings through rolling, crawling, walking, running and jumping…all through play. It’s the playing that prepares them for adulthood.
Physical therapy is recommended for children who are not meeting their milestones, as well as children who experiencing physical challenges due to a condition or injury affecting their musculoskeletal system.
Our goal is to help you and your child live their best life, participate in family routines, play and grow like you would want them to and get them ready for anything.
When does physical therapy help?
Your child can benefit from physical therapy for a variety of reasons, such as:
- My child is 3 months but is not able to hold his or her head
- My 3-month-old child tilts her head to the left. At first, I thought it was cute, now I’m concerned that she’s not able to look in other directions and she’s getting a flat head.
- My child is 6 months and is not rolling over
- My child is 9 months but is still not sitting or crawling yet
- My child is a year old but is still not standing yet
- My child is 18 months but is not walking yet
- My child is clumsy and falls often
- My child is not able to keep up with his or her peers at the playground
- Our son just got diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Who can help him?
- Our child has a diagnosis of Down’ Syndrome.
How can Physical Therapy help?
When your child is not meeting their developmental milestones or receives a diagnosis with long term implications, Choice Therapy can partner with you in helping you achieve their milestones through therapy and home programming, one step at a time.
Our Pediatric Therapy services can help with the following:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Developmental Delays
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Down Syndrome
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Club Foot
- Milestone Delays
- Tongue Ties
- Lip Ties
We are here to help you and your child through therapy, home program and communicating with your pediatrician and other specialists to reach their maximum potential. Request an appointment or free screening with Choice Therapy today.