Your physical therapist will work closely with you to determine if you have lymphedema. Together, you and your therapist will review your medical history and medications, as well as perform a physical examination that will look at the following things:
- Your actual weight compared to your ideal weight
- Measurements of your arms and legs
- How well you’re able to do everyday activities
- History of edema, previous radiation therapy, or surgery
- The time between surgery and when you first noticed the swelling
- Other conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, heart disease, or phlebitis (inflammation of the veins)
A physical therapist can help you manage lymphedema symptoms.
Contact Choice Therapy at 218-440-1548 to schedule a consultation with Andrea Brodina, certified lymphedema specialist.